We are on the hunt for knowledgable, seasoned, fast moving pricer who is ready to jump in and share their expertise. We need someone who has a wealth of experience, who can walk in a house and quickly find the items of significant value. An expert who can quickly price 100 items or spend an hour researching a single painting worth $5,000.
We have two companies and this role will be involved with both:
Brown Button, our estate sale company, helps people in our community sell their unneeded items when they move. We stage their house like a boutique, price 1,000 – 3,000 items, and open the doors to the public for a three day sale. Weekly pricing includes designer furniture and decor, household goods, original art, sculptures, prints, jewelry, kitchen items, rugs, glassware, vintage, antique, tools, fashion, etc.
Our second company, Circle Auction, holds six auctions a year focused on higher value items like fine art, mid century design, significant antiques, and fine jewelry. Each auction includes 150-300 items all professionally photographed, cataloged, and listed online. We have a strong local following and sell nationally and internationally as well. Circle has handled museum quality artworks, Fortune 500 art collections, and extensive local collections. We expect Circle Auction to grow 300% over the next three years.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping our pricing team price all the items in our weekly estate sales.
- Researching items of special interest to ensure we price them correctly.
- Identifying items that should be sent to Circle Auction vs being sold in the estate sale.
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge with less experienced pricers.
- Doing house calls for Circle Auction, identifying auctionable items and talking with potential clients.
- Bringing your positive attitude, hustle, expertise, and motivation everyday.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience – ideally 10+ years.
- Decisive – able to make quick identification and value decisions.
- Expertise – huge mental library of knowledge for identification and value.
- Positive energy! (We’re a positive crew).
- Team player.
- Ability to share and teach your knowledge to other team members.
- Hustle and drive.
- Not afraid to jump into a challenge.
Pay is between $18 – $30 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Open Dialog for Feedback – 85%
- Background in Pricing or Identification – 95%
- Self Motivated – 90%