Nurture KC 50/50 Raffle Official Rules
1. DESCRIPTION: 50/50 Raffle is a charitable raffle whereby tickets are sold throughout the Nurture KC Benefit Sale. Tickets are sold in the following amounts: 3 for $5, 10 for $10 and 40 for $20. At 4:00pm on February 20th one winning ticket will be drawn by the volunteer coordinator of Nurture KC. One (1) winning shopper will receive half of the proceeds; the other half goes to Nurture KC.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Participation in the Nurture KC 50/50 Raffle is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (except in the case of legal residents of certain states where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, such legal age of majority as of the date of sale entry. Employees of Brown Button Estate Sales and Nurture KC, and the immediate families and household members of each of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
3. RAFFLE PERIOD: The Raffle Period begins at 9:00am on February 15th and runs through 4:00pm on February 20th and shall include all tickets sold and collected during that time period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the 50/50 Raffle by purchasing a numbered ticket. Raffle tickets will be sold in the following amounts: 3 for $5 or 10 for $10, and 40 for $20. By participating in the 50/50 Raffle, you agree to follow these Official Rules. By accepting a prize, you give Brown Button Estate Sales LLC & Nurture KC your permission (except where prohibited) to use your name, likeness and statements for publicity purposes without additional compensation including display of your name and image on social media postings and other marketing materials related to the Raffle. All entries for the Raffle must be received during the applicable Raffle Period.
5. DRAWINGS: For the Raffle, one (1) prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Raffle Period. The odds of winning for each Raffle are 1/total number of entries received during the applicable Raffle Period. The drawings will be held in the State of Kansas on or about February 20th at 4:00pm and will be conducted by the Nurture KC volunteer coordinator whose decision is final and binding.The winning Raffle ticket number will be posted on the Brown Button Estate Sales Facebook page and the Nurture KC Facebook page by 5:00pm on February 20th. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared official winners of the 50/50 Raffle. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made thirty (30) business days from the first notification attempt, the person will be disqualified, with the money being donated to Nurture KC. The winning ticket should be presented at the Brown Button Estate Sales Headquarters. The winner will be presented with a check after claiming his/her prize and presenting the winning ticket number.
6. PRIZES: One (1) prize per Raffle will be awarded.
The winner will receive fifty percent (50%) of the total Raffle ticket revenue collected during the applicable Raffle Period.
Taxes will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that no portion of the Raffle ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
The designated 50/50 Raffle ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming a prize.
7. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize are 1/the total number of entries received during the applicable Raffle Period.
8. GENERAL RULES: All entries and prize claims become the property of Nurture KC and will not be returned. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries, prize claims or mail. Released Parties are not responsible for typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the 50/50 Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the 50/50 Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any 50/50 Raffle-related materials. By participating in this 50/50 Raffle, each entrant accepts and agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to release Brown Button Estate Sales & Nurture KC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agencies of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability of any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in this 50/50 Raffle or resulting from acceptance, or use/misuse of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the 50/50 Raffle, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this 50/50 Raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in a federal or state court within the state of Kansas.; 2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this 50/50 Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the 50/50 Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Kansas, or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas. IN NO EVENT SHALL BROWN BUTTON ESTATE SALES, NURTURE KC OR THE OTHER RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS 50/50 RAFFLE.
Thank you for your support of Nurture KC!